Do you make it a habit to have a dental cleaning of your teeth? Bad hygiene are connected to a lot of critical illnesses. Related medical and dental problems include cardiovascular disease, bone loss, cancers, and a whole lot of health issues. Brushing and flossing is good but not enough. You also need to see your dentist at least once a year for your dental cleaning.
So what are the things that could be done during the dental visit?
First is the regular check-up and the cleaning.
During the check-up your dentist will see if there are cavities, plaque and tartar which can cause gum disease. Tartar when hardened can only be removed by the dentist.
The second process is the examining of the gums. The dentist will look at the spaces in between your gums and teeth. If you have a gum problem the spaces are more deep set.
The dental visit includes examining your face, head, neck, tongue and throat to see if there are any indication of cancer.
To summarize, a dental cleaning is a chance to see the difference of the state of your oral health in the past months. If there is something wrong, it can be given immediate treatment.
Here are more reasons why.
- Prevents tooth loss caused by plaque build-up that leads to gum disease which is the main reason for tooth loss. As the disease progresses the plaque can ruin the bone that supports that jaw which results the teeth to fall off. But with regular check-ups with the dentist this can be prevented. Of course you still have to follow the regimen of good hygiene.
- Stops cavities. When plaque gets hardened it can result to tooth decay. The acidic element destroys the tooth enamel and leads to the development of cavities. It can be stopped by proper dental hygiene and annual dental cleanings.
- Save money. Take the chance and use your dental benefits. Most often, oral exams and dental cleanings has minimal or no charge at all. This way, you are preventing more damage to your teeth and at the same time, keeping clear of more expensive dental procedure in the future.
- Fresher breath. To prevent bad breath or halitosis, make sure you practice good oral hygiene. But even if you have a tartar build up that allows bacteria to stay, then you can still have a problem with bad breath. When you go for a professional clean-up, the dentist can use scaling to take away the tartar in your gum line. This can give you fresher breath.
- Early detection of dental problems. During your dental check-up, your dentist will be able to see fractures or broken fillings, and he can right away prevent further damage.
- Takes away those nasty stains. Coffee, beverages, tobacco can stain your teeth and to remove all those is to have your teeth cleaned and polished.
Glowing smile means whiter and brighter teeth free from beverage and cigarette stain. So, go visit your dentist and keep on smiling. For your dental needs, please visit Algodones Dentist. Your dental cleaning will be such a breeze so head over to 45 Capri Blvd, Lake Havasu City, Arizona right now.